Friday, August 26, 2016

Saturday Show and Tell

Saturday Show and Tell - a showcase of things each week that lit up my brain and fired my imagination. Enjoy!



Image result for images for mythic delirium header


While I found the website difficult to navigate, it was worth it in the end. My definition of a good deal is when I get a lot for a little, and that's exactly what this small press is selling. I ordered a .pdf of C.S.E. Cooney's Bone Swans because she is becoming one of my favorite authors. That's a popular opinion; she was also nominated for a World Fantasy award and a Nebula, and has won the Rhysling. So far, it is excellent.

Image result for images for mythic delirium header

I also ordered a hard copy that includes Catherynne Valente's The Melancholy of Mechagirl (the original poem, not the collection of works) because I have a goal of owning everything that woman puts on paper. I'd collect her grocery lists. You scoff, but she sometimes tweets her food, and even it is above and beyond my reality.

Image result for image of The Paris Review header

Similar to what I attempt here each Saturday, The Paris Review does on Fridays with interesting and noteworthy things their staff are reading or watching.

I don't think there's been a Friday yet when I haven't made an "ooooh!" noise and archived a title for later reading (or owning). If you have difficulty finding your next book, this might help. This week's Exclamation Of Coveting was aimed at the Ted Hughes Bestiary, which sounds magnificent. I'll let you know!

9780374272630



COMING SOON! -
Boys will be Boys but Girls will be Queens in Alice's Adventures!

The Zoetic Press imprint NonBinary Review will release the Alice's Adventures anthology on Sept 1st. They sent out the proof last week for edits, and I couldn't help myself. I read it from virtual cover to cover, warts and all, and it was lovely. One of my pieces will be part of this collection: Boys will be Boys, but Girls will be Queens. You always wanted to know the origin story of the Duchess and how that peppered baby-pig happened, right?

zee


I am hopeful you will take the time to read it and give it feedback on blogs or Goodreads or wherever. Zoetic Press is a powerful ally for emerging writers, and your support with purchases and reviews makes all the difference in their staying afloat.


What inspired you this week? Share it with my readers in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.