Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Moment...

Wednesdays are for taking a moment during the week and counting blessings, or telling funny stories, and anticipating the approaching weekend. I'd love for you to share your Wednesday moment in the comments or attach a link to your blog.



As part of my self-growth gig, I've promised myself to get out around other adults more. I'm in town every day running the kids from the gym, to class, to volunteer work, etc. Most of that time is spent in the car listening to the radio or at a coffee shop, writing.

I joined several Meet-Up groups, but haven't gone to any actual meet-ups yet. There's one this evening that I toyed with, which leads me to this week's Moment.

The group is going hiking. That's a thing I do regularly as part of my chronic illness management, so I was excited! Until I saw it was a trail I've never done, in an area I don't know, and I might have to carpool (with people I've never met).

I drove to try and find the trailhead today myself to see if it was a trail I could manage, but ended up finding a different trail, which hindered my enthusiasm not at all. I love finding new places to go. The best part of a hike for me is seeing what's around the next curve. The hardest part is being responsible and turning back before I wear myself out or it gets dark.

The trailhead I found had an awesome map (which I could probably get in hard copy if I could ever take the time to figure out where the Prickly Pear Land Trust office is located), and I saw that if I started from the YOU ARE HERE spot and kept walking, I could get all the way back into town!

I only had twenty minutes to hike, though, because kiddo had classes and I was her ride.

In that twenty minutes of time, I found magic.

There was a coyote!

I wish I had pictures, but even if I'd had a camera, I doubt you'd have seen much. It's camouflage was excellent. It's ears were big and peaked, it's tail was shaggy, and it was a bit curious about us. I thought it was a fox at first, but it was much too big. I didn't see any others, so I assume they run alone? I don't know that much about them, other than in twenty minutes I felt like a kid again.

(My husband and daughter are of the belief that there WERE other coyotes that I couldn't see and they were planning to eat me like velociraptors.)

What Moment have you had this week that let you take a break from the stress of your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.