Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday Show and Tell

Saturday Show and Tell - a showcase of things each week that lit up my brain and fired my imagination. Enjoy!

Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable

Image result for Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and fable

This might seem like an odd thing to be excited enough about to share, and maybe you need to be a little odd like I am, but this book tickled me so much that I'm buying it. First published in 1870, it's full of obscure and fascinating entries, and my writer brain grabbed it and held on. Did you know the story of Cain and Abel has twin sisters? Or how about Abraxas Stones? You can read it online for free, so go explore!


This week's Show and Tell is only one entry because I've been writing like I'm alive. No, really! That's the theme of Zoetic Press's July 31/31 challenge. We are to challenge ourselves and grow as writers, and I've been doing just that. I'm proud to say I've written several lovely short stories and a few poems, and even worked on an important revision or two. Overall, it's been a way of showing me I'm capable and my muse loves me when I sit my butt in the chair! If you're interested in listening in on the process, you can follow some of the contributors to the challenge on Twitter at #wlya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.