Thursday, July 14, 2016

Saturday Show and Tell

Saturday Show and Tell - a showcase of things each week that lit up my brain and fired my imagination. Enjoy!


I was on a short story reading binge this week, and came across this artist while reading on Tor.com.



Illustration for The Destroyer


Ascension


JUNO PROBE

Galileo, Juno and Jupiter are currently getting great views of our solar system's biggest planet.



So, not only did NASA thread the magnetosphere needle with Juno, but they sent the cutest and coolest passengers along for the trip. Galileo, Juno, and Jupiter are aluminum LEGO minifigs that stowed along for the ride!



The Science Fiction Poetry Association

sfpa logo

In my quest for all things SF&F, I found an entire market for science fiction poetry. I was led here by Amal El-Mohtar. She's the editor for Goblin Fruit which is a fantasy poetry market, and she's a talented poet herself. I also discovered that my favorite author, Catherynne Valente, has written gobs of SF&F poetry! There are so many rabbit holes to fall down on the internet. If you are without one at the moment, this should take care of it.




In personal news, my story Boys Will Be Boys, But Girls Will Be Queens, was accepted by Zoetic Press for their Alice In Wonderland issue. I'll put the link up on the blog when the issue goes live! A big shout-out to Suz Thackston for her masterful beta-reading of this piece. She's recently posted a beautiful tale on her blog if you want to check it out.


6 comments:

  1. Such exciting news. Congrats!
    Have I mentioned how happy I am that you find these cool things for me?��.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yolanda! I'm glad you like the posts!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about the Lego thing. That's awesome!
    Congrats on getting your story into that. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'd love to have copies of them. Along with a Hermes one!
      Thanks for the congrats. I love Alice in Wonderland!

      Delete