Sunday, June 26, 2016

Saturday Show and Tell

Saturday Show and Tell - a showcase of things each week that light up my brain and fire my imagination. Enjoy!



Kevin Sloan's Art

These paintings caught my eye this week. Each one has personality paired with whimsy, and I could easily make up stories to go along with them. I have a 31/31 writing challenge coming up with Zoetic Press in July, and I might turn to his work for inspiration!

Image result for kevin sloan


Image result for kevin sloan


Image result for kevin sloan


Image result for kevin sloan


There are many, many more. 


THE SHATTERED WORLD
by Michael Reaves

I read this book decades ago, and it has remained in my top ten favorites of all time. I'm revisiting it this week with my writer's eye to see where and how he manages to spin such an excellent tale. The world-building alone in this novel is master-level, and each character pops with flaws and desires. 

Image result for the shattered world michael reaves

It looks old-school, but it holds up well. There's a sequel called The Burning Realm. I am proud to own them both. If you are browsing bookstores any time soon, consider them a treasure if found!

What sparked your creativity this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.