Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Moment...

Wednesdays are for taking a moment during the week and counting blessings, telling funny stories, and anticipating the approaching weekend. I'd love for you to share your Wednesday moment in the comments or attach a link to your blog.


Today my journey has taken me more deeply into the life of Ray Bradbury. I read this passage from an interview published in The Paris Review, and it struck me as a perfect moment - an example of why it's important to pause in our week to appreciate the good in our lives.

"Every so often, late at night, I come downstairs, open one of my books, read a paragraph and say, My God. I sit there and cry because I feel that I’m not responsible for any of this. It’s from God. And I’m so grateful, so, so grateful. The best description of my career as a writer is “at play in the fields of the Lord.” It’s been wonderful fun and I’ll be damned where any of it came from. I’ve been fortunate. Very fortunate."   -Ray Bradbury

I've felt this way watching my children laugh. I've caught this moment as a nurse when I've given a backrub or prevented a complication. The myriad moments of my life in which I recognize that I am tiny, but effectual, and this through grace and perseverance and mindfulness and luck.

Enjoy the rest of your week. See you Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment