Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

Even though I’m often alone, I’m rarely lonely because he makes me laugh.
Every day.
I’ve never thought about it directly.
I don’t think it’s a goal he aims to achieve, but rather who he is entirely.
He is the man that makes me laugh.

There have been ice patches covering the depths.
Spots where if you put down a foot wrong, it would take us both.
Ice is damn slippery, and it was dark, and it required quiet voices in case of avalanche.
The music playing for that delicate dance is a song of love.

Just like a vacation, you remember the stories of the near-miss more than the far-seeing scenery.
Just like that vacation scenery though, every day reveals something you missed the day before. Something that steals your breath or gives you goosebumps or makes you let go of a sigh you didn’t realize you were holding.
You turn around to share it, and realize it was the sharing of it that created it in the first place.

Thank you for eighteen years of laughter and love.

I love you, honey.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is just so sweet. Happy anniv Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was super awesome! Hope you had a great Anniversary! 18 years? Kudos :) Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jak! We had a lovely vacation in Missoula at the convention. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.