Friday, April 29, 2016

Zany!

A large part of living with a chronic illness is self-care.

Sometimes, that means finding a way to be zany.

It’s too easy to get in a rut.

It’s too easy to forget the fun of a body.

Riding a bike too fast down a hill or handstands in the creek or dancing like a dork while waiting for the microwave. It can be big or small, as long as if I injure myself doing it, it’ll make a good story! (just kidding…mostly)



I will gather the comments with your favorite short stories and share them (and the winner) tomorrow!

There's still time to enter the giveaway today if you're interested in winning a copy of Grendelsong. Just leave a comment on the blog with your favorite short story or author and why.

THANK YOU FOR STICKING OUT THE A TO Z CHALLENGE WITH ME!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the A to Z Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to be zany every once in awhile. I get zany with my granddaughter on a regular basis. She's the only one who doesn't mind my singing. LOL
    Carol at My Writing Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team. Thanks for visiting me.
    Have you enjoyed the challenge? Did you hop to other blogs? Reflections sign up is May 9-- mark a calendar.
    My blog's giveaway ends in a few days.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    It is hard to live with a chronic illness. People can't understand that all the time.
    My favorite book of short stories is 9 Stories by JD Salinger. I know the contest is over, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Why? BANANAFISH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self care is always so important. For when it comes to Zany, however, I feel like somewhere along the line I lost sense of that childhood innocence and ability to just act goofy. It's depressing.

    Having the ability to channel that would help in so many situations. I hope you're able to be Zany more often than not :)

    Congrats on finishing the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete