Thursday, April 21, 2016

Reasonableness (and the boundaries we challenge)

Is it reasonable?

It's a little unreasonable for someone with a chronic illness to set a goal of hiking to the top.

It's a little unreasonable for someone with brain fog and fatigue to want to travel.

It's a little unreasonable for so many things that make life worth living, but...oh, but...

I want to get muddy. I want to get to the end of my day tired and sore and satisfied. I crave the loudest laugh. I aim to be the shine and glare of sunlight on ice. Squint when you see me!

There aren’t many things more annoying than someone saying to me, “I could never do that.”

Yes. Yes, you could. You would. I’m sure of it. We all have the drive to push the boundaries and fight the good fight and win the prizes.

Some days we manage it, and some days we don’t. Don't be reasonable. Challenge those assumptions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.