Monday, November 30, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015

I wanted to share that I had another wonderful experience this year during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

It was the same book as last year, but I changed the perspective to third person, added some characters, and rewrote the entire last half of the book. I'm still not thrilled with a few parts in the middle, but I have been learning a lot about story structure, and I have high hopes!

This year I enhanced the experience by having a support group on twitter and attending a Write-In at the local library. I also donated this year because I truly believe it is an organization worth supporting. Last year, I bought a travel mug. This year, I bought a t-shirt. I deserve nice things for doing what I love, right?

If you've been meaning to get around to writing that book, this might be the way to get it done. Of course, it is only a rough draft, and you'll still have to find the discipline and drive to edit it to a polish! That is my goal for the coming year. I want to have the manuscript beta-reader ready before November of next year. I have to be done by then, because I already have another book in mind for 2016!

Thanks to everyone for all of their support this month!


4 comments:

  1. Heck yeah, you deserve it!!! Way to go, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!!! Awesome! This is what you were talking about way back in July, right? I'm really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I got my muse back. It was weird to be idle for so long!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.