Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Small Miracles

Thank you everyone for such a warm reception to this challenge of mine! I will shamelessly ask that you share my site, if you are so inclined.
Yesterday, I submitted a set of poems to a print journal. Turns out they are only taking themed work at the moment, so I will try again elsewhere. Their aesthetic was similar to mine, so if you have time, you might want to check them out, Pirene's Fountain.
Today's poem is a play with form for me. I've tweaked the ending several times, and I'm still not sure if it's done. That was the purpose of this challenge - to grow as a writer and to share that process.

Small Miracles

droplets
with the prayers of humanity weighing them
down
They infiltrate the dirt
        roll off the petals
             and stipple my shirt.

I prayed to be saved
from the predation
and was given a profusion,
a riot of greens,
a melting of yellows.
There was no intervention;
but rather
the divine diversion of Spring
which I was willing to grasp
with open hands and
living eyes.

--Julie Reeser
©all rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment