Saturday, September 26, 2015

Challenges

Yesterday, I finished a challenge I had set for myself of reading 150 books in a year on Goodreads. Now, before you start comparing, remember that I spend most of my day lying in a bed due to fatigue, pain, and low blood pressure from my dysautonomia. I get about four hours of good upright time before I need rest. I still push myself to go beyond those four hours, but for the most part, I have a lot of "free" time. Books are a great way to escape from my own body when I am hurting or feeling like I have a lifelong flu.



Today's poem is probably going to end up being longer. I think I have the first and last stanza, but haven't developed the middle yet.


It will come back
whether or not I am here.
My child will laugh and
the future will stride
into the room
in no-nonsense shoes.

There is nothing to fear
from shorter days
and winter’s grays,
for it will come back
whether or not I am here.

© all rights reserved Julie Reeser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.