Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where did August go?

Well, somehow I ran right through August without stopping to catch my breath. We had friends come visit us from Maryland over the Labor Day weekend. They are driving around the country in an RV, living the nomadic life, and loving it. Here is their blog of their trip if you are interested.

We had a lovely visit. We shared a glimpse of the hiking near the house. We also went to the Farmer's Market, where I was tickled to see the Clay Cottage lady. She gave me a great deal on these pendants. Aren't they wonderful? Here is her etsy shop. She has amazing talent and creativity.

I slept for 24 hours after they left. Totally worth it. I miss having good friends, laughter, and support. I hope our new homeschool group offers some of those things to us. Our first field trip is the end of this week. Fingers crossed that it goes well.
Knitting continues to be about three steps forward and two back. I have started three different gift shawls for a friend, only to decide they weren't right, and start anew. I think I have finally hit upon the right pattern to match the yarn and the person.

I frogged the gift Vortex shawl. It just didn't please me. Life is too short for unhappy knitting. I will continue to ponder the right gift for her. I have time, right? Only 16 weeks until Christmas. *gasp*
The weather here has turned. I find myself shutting windows, sadly, and putting on socks. The chickadees, chipmunks, and sparrows are stocking up for winter by shoveling in seeds as fast as I can fill the feeders.

We also get beautiful finches, but I try not to get too attached to them. I know they will be leaving very soon as evidenced by the appearance of the Snowberry.

Because of the colder weather, I have cast on another project! It would be nice to finish something! It is a shrug with some of my birthday yarn. It is Rowan Renew in PickUp, and so far I love it.

I am still working on designs that I can knit and then sell. Maybe I'll open a booth at the Farmer's Market next year. Of course, that would require me to actually finish them, wouldn't it? This is SnowQueen. It is a cowl in an ice blue colorway with Latvian braiding and barren trees.

I have a new sock design sketched out and ready to test if I could just get more time to knit somehow. I find that time flies by much too quickly when I am knitting. Plus, I am told that the kids need parenting and clean clothes and dishes on occasion. Silly kids.

3 comments:

  1. Your life seems much busier than mine! My to-do list is huge, and I still won't get things done for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thank you for mentioning me in your blog! My September is super busy with travel for work, but, maybe when I get home for more than a day we could get together for coffee?

    Becky
    The Clay Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds like a lovely idea! I sent an email to your business account. Mail me back and we can set up a time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.