Monday, July 23, 2012

Queen of Cups

These last few weeks have been a time of healing for me. The trust and optimism I am feeling toward my future grows daily with the help of my husband, my kids, the land, and the yarn running through my fingers.
I am working on a cardigan for myself. You may remember the one I started before, but had to frog due to inadequate yardage? This is to replace that one. The yarn I am using makes me smile every few stitches as it rolls through lovely colors. I bought it for my birthday several years ago, and had actually finished and worn the sweater I created from it, but was never comfortable with the fit or style. So far, I am very pleased with this one.

I am also whipping my way around a Vortex Shawl. This is to be a gift for my MIL. I don't know her favorite color, she isn't an accessories kind of woman, but after much deliberation, I decided that she can drape it on a piece of furniture and show it off to friends. The last round will be green and be a modification of the original bind-off.

I have frogged the ghastly Squirrel Mittens and will instead attempt the Goldfish ones for Megan. I think since the floats are shorter, I will have more success. I honestly think that the Squirrel ones were too long and should be done as Intarsia. I will try that next time.
I have developed a new base pattern from which to expand into a line of new designs. I am not sharing pictures yet, but hope to have a few knit up for the fall. I am thinking of opening an Etsy shop to sell the knit items to those interested. I will do socks on commission as well, as I had people ask for them. I don't know if that will translate into real life interest, but having the option won't hurt. If you know someone (or if you) want a pair of soft, handmade, one-of-a-kind socks...just send me an email or leave a comment. I'd love to craft you a pair.
I did a Tarot reading this week. It read me as the Queen of Cups and I had to smile. Water on Water. Fluid, creative, tender, floating between reality and dream. This is a true reading of where I feel myself to be right now. No longer lost, but still flowing toward an unknown outcome. When we have a clear path, we delude ourselves into believing that we know the destination. I am the same, but I am no longer afraid of the mist on my path. I trust that my outcome will be what it will, and my role is to flow along that path, examining and appreciating every detail as it passes by.
(artwork by CloudShip on Etsy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment