Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday 5/2/2012

Mars Disarmed By Venus is almost finished at the test knitter. I had some design snags due to the knee-high part of the pattern. I forgot that I would need to gradually introduce increases, and that we all come in different sizes. There will be a small, medium, and large option now. Learning as a knitter and designer is a large part of what I enjoy about this craft. So, I missed my first professional deadline, but I am glad that I took the time to make it better for the knitter.
Onward to the WIPs!
I have set aside my Swirl Skirt for a bit, but wanted to share the colors with you.
This will either be stylish and awesome, or super bad. I figure if it is super bad, I can offer it for sale. I see some fugly stuff out there, and the more fugly, the more it costs. I finished my second Citron. This one is made entirely from my first handspun. I bought this fiber with PaperYarnGirl and hbmindy at Maryland Sheep and Wool last year. That was also where I bought my Kromski wheel. It has taken me almost a year to the day to finish all that green fiber, and I couldn't be more proud. It hasn't been blocked yet (that is on the to-do list for today), but you can still see how lovely it turned out. When I first finished spinning, I thought to myself that I would never want to spin another piece of string again. Now that I am done with it and can see how magical it is, I am already planning the next fiber to transform.
I am also working on a short-sleeved Cardigan called the Gilet d'ete. I won't have enough of this Brooks Farm Yarn, so I am planning to raid the stash today and see what odds and ends I can Frankenstein into it.
As promised, here is a sneak peek of Mercury. This was the sock that started it all. Not much of a peek, is it? I am done with the foot and ankle. You can see the edge of what is actually herringbone stitch at the bottom. The next challenge will be converting a beautiful and ancient pattern into the round and modifying the lengths.
For non-fiber related works-in-progress, today is the beginning of my 14th year of marriage to the funniest, sexiest, and most patient man I have ever met. Year 13 was the pits, man. You were totally worth it, though. Thank you for your attention and dedication to our friendship and love. Today is also the day that I will become a grandmother. It wasn't quite the way we had all envisioned it, but the unknown and unexpected are often the most intriguing paths we take in life. We are waiting anxiously to welcome MacKenzie Mae into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.