Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snails and Scat

It was raining lightly, but I hadn't been out to the grove in days to see what was new. I put on my muck boots, grabbed a walking stick, and headed out.

There is an area of running water under this sheet of ice. It is the main path to the grove and I was scared each time I stepped onto it that it was going to give way. The water on either side was above ankle-deep.


My grove altar had a present for me from an admirer! It was scat. I tried to figure out what kind of animal, but had no luck. To show my appreciation, I left a couple of these awesome snails for whomever it might be.


I also took two in the house and made a little habitat for them. I'll return them outside if they don't seem to be thriving, but they were too fun to pass up for a bit.

Here are some of my other finds throughout the morning...








No comments:

Post a Comment