Sunday, August 28, 2011

No new is good news, right?

Sorry for the delay, but things have been in flux. You might not have noticed if you saw me in person, as I seemed pretty sedate, but on the inside I was a boiling pot.

Knitting first, since it is the most fun. I found a fabulous group of knitters to test my pattern designs for me. This was a scary step forward because someone other than a best friend or relative was going to have an opinion about what I made from scratch. I suppose it is similar to a writer who doesn't want anyone to read their works.

I set a date of September 1st as a deadline, and everyone managed to complete ahead of schedule. The Fields of Green sock is free, and I thought it would be a good way to get my feet wet in the world of pattern sales. It is an easy introduction to toe-up sock knitting. I had to completely change the original design within minutes of posting it as a test knit because I did my math wrong. So much for perfection! You can find the pattern here.


Mary Darby Robinson is a set of feminine, beaded armwarmers or wristlets for Fall. I was inspired after reading how she was a writer, actress, and love of the Prince of Wales.


The yarn was a gift from a friend of mine that she handspun. These really designed themselves while I just watched. I did have someone double-check my math this time! You can buy the pattern here.



Today, I uploaded and fought with the Ravelry site. I really struggled and was confused with how to get the patterns for sale and listed the way I wanted them. I seriously had to take a shower when I was finished because of the fear sweat. Sexy, huh? As it stands, there are two pages for one pattern. I am hoping the Sooper Editors will fix this soon. I also have three sweet little hearts under the pattern, so that made me feel loved.


For the life that surrounds the knitting, there is less excitement. I started a new medication, Mestinon, for my blood pressure. I am up to 1/2 a dose twice a day. I haven't had any bad side effects, but I do feel like my fatigue is worse. I am noticing that while my heart rate is very high still, my blood pressure on standing seems better. I am still having too many episodes of a pressure in the 70s and 80s, but can get a shower without huffing and puffing to blow the house down.

I had another echocardiogram done because there is concern that I have a rare form of cardiomyopathy called Takotsubo. I have not followed up on this yet. I have been avoiding it, to be honest.

Okay, enough about me...back to the knitting. Here is what I am currently designing. I am currently trying to figure out how it wants the ribbon to tie in the back.


This is a fun, textured twisted stitch knit. I might have to write it top-down, but haven't decided yet if that will be completely necessary.

Oh! I finished the curtains and sweater, but they need blocked. I will post pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment